Thursday, March 15, 2012

In the Art Room - 3D Letters

I've been pushing myself to create more 3D art projects this year.  My 8th graders have spent the last 6 weeks working on these letters and they are wonderful!  I encouraged them to design around the entire letter to entice the viewer to observe from all sides.  I used papier-mache tape for the first time - it's like wallpaper where you have the gluey side and the non-gluey side.  It worked great and there was a lot less clean up afterwards!











2 comments:

  1. These are fantastic! Did students construct these out of cardboard and tape? How tall are they?
    I love the creative possibilities with this project- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They used two pieces of 9 x 12 newsboard, little takeout condiment cups, clear packing tape, and they covered it all with the papier mache tape.

    ReplyDelete