Monday, April 18, 2011

In the Art Room - Drippy Monsters

I originally saw this project on Elementary Art Fun.  Once I saw it there, I started seeing it all over the place!  Maya Made and Scrumdilly-do also have fun versions on their blogs. 
I did this with my second grades and they had a blast!  Once we went over the severe consequences of playing with the straws and paint, we settled down and had fun.  I used watered- down tempera in analogous colors for each table.  Then gave very specific instructions on how to use the straw to blow the paint around the paper.  While the paintings dried, I gave each child 4 small squares of colored construction paper.  They had to have eyes and a mouth, but they could use the scraps to add whatever they wanted. 
This was a quick, easy, and fun project that was finished in just one class!







2 comments:

  1. love the monsters! and now I am going to link back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE you little Drippy Monsters- what a FUN idea!

    ReplyDelete